Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Yes....I have...

...A Christmas Goose...

The goose was originally a Christmas door stop, made for me by a co-worker many....many...many years ago...
At the time she gave me the goose....the kids were some what younger and the holiday TV programs  were a big influence on their lives...
Christmas Gooses (Geese) seemed to be on every Christmas dinner table in the TV world...
Sooooo.....their little minds and mouths started demanding that our family have a goose on the table..
Now....
not caring for the taste of goose...this Mama wasn't gonna cook one...
Soooo....
i grabbed a festive platter....plopped the door stop on it....place it in the center of the table...
and told them their goose was cooked....
My Christmas Goose has graced the table for 28 years...
Tasty...!!!

Everyday is a Gift

6 comments:

  1. Love traditions and the stories behind them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute. The story behind the goose is even cuter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet tale of your goose. I don't know if I've ever had goose. I surely don't remember it. I hope you have a terrific Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LIKE THAT STORY.Some mamas will go to any length for a smile and a laugh. Funny how a joke becomes a tradition. I like this one!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that tradition and that is one cool looking goose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your centerpiece and its tradition!!! Great Christmas story!!

    ReplyDelete