Sunday, January 15, 2017

Addiction or Quest?

I'm not sure which it is.....but....for some reason I love electronic kitchen gadgets.
Here's my newest one....
I've always been afraid of pressure cookers due to an accident my aunt had with one....ohhhh....maybe sixty years ago....
However, several friends have one of these and swear by them...
sooooo...
tomorrow I'm gonna give it a try...!
Now I need to find somewhere to store it...
hummmmm...
I'll just clean out some of the kitchen cabinets....move the three crock pots.....the rice cooker....the huge mac-daddy crock pot (turkey cooker)...the kitchen-aide mixer....the bullet....the food processor (x2 gotta have a small and Large)....the immersion blender...the hand mixer...the toaster...and what ever that is in the back that I can't see and haven't used in years....
ahhhhh....
Maybe I'll just leave it on the counter....

6 comments:

  1. Ah yes the pressure cooker. Mama had an accident with one in 1952, it did not stop her from using one canning. I love to cook with my conventional one. I would have the electric one, BUT there is a STORAGE problem here also. You are going to love it. leave it on the counter!!! Sherry my sweetie will not use one, accident in her family also! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have limited storage too, and I have Amazon Prime. Therein lies the problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hubby and I have a pressure cooker and really love it. Storage is a problem for us as well but I did find a spot for it in the cabinet. A lesser used item went into the basement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just donated my pressure cooker to Salvation Army. I used to use it a lot but it got relegated to the basement and has set on the shelf many years and forgotten about. I hope someone else can make good use of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always been afraid of them too, let us know how it works out for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a Bella and love it. So easy. Cook time is longer than stated because you have to wait for pot to get to pressure before it starts counting. I did collards for Christmas and New Years.

    ReplyDelete