Monday, June 6, 2011

This years gadget......


Every year at the Atlanta Shop-Hop i buy some sort'a gadget...
One year it was a pattern for a four-sided place mat.
(Made one set...what a pain in the patooie..!!)

One year it was a template for making the perfect mitered corner.
(Never used it.)

This year it's the thingy pictured above...
It was a kit ..which included the "Twister"...."Lil' Twister"....and a book of how-to patterns...
(It's a ruler for making whirly-gigs)


First you have to sew together 24 - 5" squares and put 3" border around the whole thing...
Then you use your " Lil'Twister".......line up the seams with the lines on the ruler and
WHACK...!!

OK

This gadget fascinated me..... soooooo..... i must try it...
Pieced my base material yesterday....sooooo...tonight when it get home...I can
WHACK..!!

Love the word WHACK..
WHACK!
WHACK!
WHACK!

Also
Misskitty demanded a new "summer" catmat...
Hope she likes it...

Life is Good

ps....is WHACK a word..??

7 comments:

  1. Tooo funny....have fun whacking tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what "whack" means but I'm not sure how that relates to sewing everything together before the whacking begins. Please post photos of the end result.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whack-To strike with a smart or resounding blow. Says so right here in my trusty dictionary. Have fun whacking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see it when you get done whacking! Love Miss Kitty's new mat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my the quilt looks so nice now that I hope the end result is good for sure. I don't think I've ever seen any thing like the twirly gig before. I'm envious of Miss Kitty's summer mat. How nice! Hope Monday has been a great day for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a cat mat to be proud of. She will be the envy of the neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WHACK YEAH, IT IS A WORD!

    As always love your blog. I have no idea about Whack, 'ce;pt Sherry says sometimes I am 'out of Whack', I think she means it negatively though.

    Love ya, hope all is well up there in the cool mts.

    ReplyDelete