Sunday, July 10, 2011

Flea Allergies......


Misskitty here.....

Haaaaaaaaa......!!!

The dogs have flea allergies......but......the funny things is they (and Moi)...
...DO NOT have fleas.....
The vet said it only takes one bite to cause an allergic reaction...
So....
Max and Mia both got steroid shots and flea preventative.....
plus Max is on what Mom calls an "antibiotic" for 10 days....

Whatever the vet gave them it has knocked them out...but good....they've
been sleeping around the clock since they got back home yesterday morning....

Hummmmmm....

I'm back to being the "watch"cat again....
Maybe someday those dogs will pull their weight around the twelve acre wood.....

Life is Good
(and i'm asking for more treats)

6 comments:

  1. Greetings, You've reminded me of one of the perks in living in Colorado-we don't have fleas and our dogs have loved that. Hopefully you will all be protected!
    Noreen & Reggie-dog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that the flea preventative kicks in fast and the dogs are back on their feet, so that they can help in the watching department. After all, we don't want you, Miss Kitty, to get all stressed out. Oh, wait! You're a cat, and cats don't stress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness I love reading your blog...I am sorry to admit I don't comment but, I am a regular reader! Always an interesting read, but today I had to laugh at that Miss Kitty...I felt like saying "you go girl", but on the other side, I hope the dogs get feeling better real soon. Drats on those flea bites anyway, our cocker had major problems with those alergies too...not fun for anyone! Keep on blogging, and I will try to do better with the commenting, have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay Miss, I figure you must have added a little CAT NIP to their food to knock them out so you could demand more treats for the extra work. Cats are like women, sorta devious!!! Don't tell mom I said that.

    Anyway keep up the good work and watch the fleas.

    Love from the flat lands, and off to South Georgia in the AM.

    Sherry & Jack

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a cat that was allergic to everything. SHe was allerfic to grass and had to become an indoor cat. Then we discovered on accident she was allergic to regular cat food. Someone gave us a cat food made out of lamb and she stopped breaking out and itching all over. Once we fixed both of those problems, she was a great, happy kitty that lived 16 year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy, at least with them knocked out, they are out of your hair and you can rule.
    Hope all the meds work. Itching is the worst.

    ReplyDelete