Thursday, December 30, 2010

Bird Trax.....


I missed "Almost Wordless Wednesday"....
But here's the picture i was gonna use....

I was up and out almost before the sun yesterday....for the drive to the big city of Boone...
Time for that yearly female physical....

Many years ago i decided that dreaded doctors visit and a mammogram was the best Christmas gift i could give myself....

Soooooo....for the last 10 years or so in the week between Christmas and New Years... i make the drive down off the mountain or out of the Acreage(FL).....to plop various body parts on a table or a slab of cold plastic and make sure i'm good to go for another year.............ugh!!!

Do something for yourself ladies.....it's worth the effort...

For an Old Broad...i'm in pretty good shape...

Enjoy

10 comments:

  1. Good Morning, Linda May,
    I'm glad to hear that your check-up went well. I usually 'treat' myself in the summer, when school is not in session.

    Have a thoughtful Thursday ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a campaigner for those exams. I put off going for years and ended up with the falopian tube closing off with fluid the size of half a footbal lengthwise. Then they also found pre-canerous cells when I was in the ER complaining of pain. This earned me a three day stay in the hospital plus surgery. Lesson learned. I am a few months behind but am waiting for tax money since I have no insurance. I have to have a more extensive exam because of the potential of the pre-cancer cells which actually were normal on last year's exam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh good for you! That is a wonderful gift to give yourself...seriously! My time period is in March and I always dread it but such a necessity!

    I love the bird tracks...'no one knows where I have been'

    :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you are in good shape for sure that is always great news. I'm not going to say for sure but it's been a long time since my last physical and still I'm in pretty good shape too and a few years older than you too. Thank the good Lord for his many blessings. Have a great Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you! I'm terrible about getting that stuff done. Gotta give myself a kick in the pants and get going.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad everything went well also. I love the picture. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad everything went well for you ~ I love the Bird tracks ~ when I went out into the Garden this morning there were some huge bird tracks in the snow ~ I think it was a Partridge as I have seen one in the Garden eating the Bird Seed ~ Ally x

    ReplyDelete
  8. P.S Happy new Year to you and yours ~ Ally :O)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I drive to Baptist every year and get my mammogram, breast cancer runs in my family. Many gals do not get the exams. I preach colonoscopies too! I'm very fotunate that my health insurance pays 100% for both tests.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good advice from a mountain girl!

    Love from FLORIDA it is warm here in Wildwood

    ReplyDelete