Monday, February 21, 2011

Imagine My Surprise......


....when CityBoy came home from work and announced that he needed......"a baby quilt for one of the guys at work...."

" Oh.....is it for a new grand baby?".....i asked....

"No" he said and walked away.....


Whoaaaaa Nellie.....most of CityBoys co-workers......the ones i know.....seem to fit into the...."Good Ole' Grocery Boy Club"....and seem to all be about the same age.....give or take a few years (grandpa age)....!


Well.......i finally got the full story.....this is for a coworker that moved about an hour south of our little mountain town last year......and......seems he and his wife are a little younger......and......seems almost as soon as the move was completed, things settled down, new jobs were started....

Surprise.......new and first Baby....!!

Life is Good

14 comments:

  1. What an adorable baby quilt. It must have been fun making that one. Have a wonderful Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure they will love this one! I am aware of the skill needed to make one of these, lovely work Linda May.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful quilt! I know the couple will love it! You do some amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it, did you pull the backing around to make the binding? I learned that this weekend at a sew in...love that technique

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilt is lovely and will, I'm betting, end up being an heirloom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Quilt is beautiful. I'm sure it will be their favorite gift.You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely quilt and so well done. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet baby blanket. Love that baby jungle fabric. I found 1/4 yard on sale. Bought it and now I'm on the lookout for more : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. A precious baby quilt for a sweet new arrival. I know the new parents love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, let's see. First I need the man. Then I need some help from the doc to get pregnant. Then I can get an awesome quilt like that. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww its so cute. I know they will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely quilt!! A new baby is always such an exciting time!

    ReplyDelete