Saturday, February 19, 2011

Our Adventure.....


Yesterday, the female parental unit and i ventured out and down off the mountain.....sort'a...
After a visit to the beauty shop....where we got a good dose of beautiful....
We ventured on to the ...one stop light town of Lansing....


Mom wanted to visit this lovely little shop....
They were having a sale....!!
Now this little emporium of linens and household goodies has been here....FOREVER...


Just open the door and "dive" in......there is stuff stacked everywhere....!!


I've been told inventory is a nightmare and can drive the workers to drink and take extended vacations.....

But....after a dig, an archeologist would have been proud of.....
we found just the right bedspread....

Life is Good

12 comments:

  1. Looks like the perfect place to visit..so much to look through! I found three spreads/quilts I want just looking at your photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info about Lansing...It is only 116 miles from High Point and I love the area....May take a run up there one day soon to check out the store. Hopefully it won't be too windy there. We stayed on the hill above one of the tree farms a few years back and overnight I thought we would be blown to OZ.....But, it is beautiful there.
    Again thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful adventure. Where's the picture of the bedspread?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too bad I'm not close. I've been thinking of a new bedspread since one of mine is soooo old. I need a dose of that beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like I was not the only one to go shopping. What a great place that would be to browse around in. Better yet to actually find what you wanted. It feels great to get out without fighting snow and ice with every step. Hope your Saturday's a good one too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! Makes me want to go out and buy a new comforter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So Nice to come down off the mountain and adventure!
    kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm, wonder how far Lansing is from me!!!LOL Looks like a great store to rummage around in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like to ride my motorcycle through Lansing ... during summer months. Beautiful country! Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! What a find in that store. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice "down home" kind of post, though now I want to see the bedspread! Interestingly, we were in West Jefferson last winter. We went to a coffee shop (I think it was called The Bohemian) and absolutely loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love sales like that! It's much more fun if you have to dig for a great find.

    ReplyDelete