Saturday, August 11, 2012

Two more changes....

This is where i started my day yesterday...
Yep..!
I'll be 62 in September...
and given the state of affairs in D.C.
I decided to take my Social Security early ..
It may not be there when i'm 65...!
 
Then i came home and along with CityBoy, joined the herd of parents that moved the kid to college this weekend..
The MaleChild is in the third year of prosueing his new career...
he's been living at home..but..the transfer to Appalachian State and the new part time job,
brought the need for closer digs...
He and a good friend are living off campus in a three bedroom, three bath apartment, (they're looking for a third roommate), at a great price with utilities included.
But...!!
It's on the third stink'n floor..!!
I'm told that the third floor is a luxury in college live...
Ugh...
 
Between that and being in a college town super Wal*Mart on a Friday night at 8pm, following your child around...pushing a cart that's loaded with "stuff".....watching (what looked like) thousands of other parents doing the same thing, made for  a very busy day...
Not to mention dodging all those U-Haul trailers...

I'm tired..!

Live in the Moment
 

9 comments:

  1. I would have to say that most of my college kids lived on the 3 rd floor too. No elevators either to help out. Glad I was younger when I did that for sure. At one time I had 3 different sons in 3 different colleges with 3 separate moves for each of them. Happy early birthday to you and happy days enjoying your Social Security. Hope your Saturday is a Super one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good move to take your Social Security early. You never know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will be taking our twins for their freshman year... one three hours west, one three hours east. Trying to get the 'wal-mart' stuff bought before we go, so we don't have to join the mad rush when we get there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree...enjoy the here and now....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Early Birthday.

    May I ask about the picture at the top of your Blog?
    I came across this post by chance and was stopped in my tracks by the picture at the top.
    Is it a photo of The Peaks of Otter lodge? We have stayed there a couple of times and it is oneof our favourite lodgings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Early Birthday.

    May I ask about the picture at the top of your Blog?
    I came across this post by chance and was stopped in my tracks by the picture at the top.
    Is it a photo of The Peaks of Otter lodge? We have stayed there a couple of times and it is oneof our favourite lodgings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Appalachian State, living out and close to school and work. Good combo. A friend of mine dropped her son off and said, "Be good and have a good time." He said "Make up your mind!" LOL

    He will be great. I know you are tired, especially pushing that 62 mark, all you kids are alike. LOL
    NOW JUST RELAPSE~~!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wal-Mart on any night is not a good place to be! :-) I hope you've got your rest, I'd need it too and I'm not almost 62!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm thinking I would rather be above the noise than below it, LOL. Hope yuo got some good rest.

    ReplyDelete