Saturday, July 18, 2009

Whoa......


......Remember my bird feeder.... the one that took "City Boy" 2.6 years to plant in the front yard.........

Well...............at approximately 4:15 AM this morning it bit the dust.....!!!

The dogs were hysterical......the cat was screaming on the front porch.....City Boy was sleeping and i was stumbling around without my glasses on......

Outside lights were on ..... but.....without glasses.....lets face it....i'm blind!!
Opened the door for the cat and chased the dogs back to bed......

Then this morning i found it.......smashed off it's pole......what ever hit it and knocked it to the ground was big and strong.....cause..... the little cabin had metal rods thru the sides holding it together and then it was screwed to the base.....

We're thinking maybe....gulp........BEAR!!!

Hey Smokey!!!!....welcome to the neighborhood....!!!!?????

15 comments:

  1. Holy Cow...a bear?? The bird feeder looks so sturdy...it must have been. Wow! Don't come home late at night, eh?
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say your guess of a bear is right on the money!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinkin a bear or Big Foot?...lol...whatever it was...watch yourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Love Joanthat would be scary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, so glad you didn't venture out to take a closer look. Such a beautiful bird feeder too. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no, a bear. Hope you can find another bird feeder like it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. glad you played along over at 6-word Saturday; what an adventure you had!! I bet the dogs were all in an uproar with your early morning guest

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  8. BEAR?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

    I'll stay in the city.

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rut Roh! Sounds like it was a bear but was wondering if you saw anything around the general territory to confirm.

    I once had wind chimes hanging from my porch and when i got up the next day, someone had cut it down and threw out the chime. It was my only birthday present that year because times were tough. I cried.

    I hope it was a bear and not a vandal. Blessings to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember that bird feeder and it was so nice. A bear, you have bears?

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are much less rural than you, and I also lost a bird feeder to a bear several years ago... I gave up and never put it back... My friend has a camera up at night that videos night time visitors... Racoons can be pretty destructive also but it was likely a bear... The camera is a special for recording in the dark..
    Might be interesting if you put one up...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holy smokes. I thought we had trouble with our raccoons!

    ReplyDelete
  13. And all that work that Hubby did to get it up there. At least you know the dogs are good watch dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, I bet it was a bear. I hear they like eating from the bird feeders too.

    ReplyDelete