Friday, November 12, 2010

Cup'A.....


Well......a couple of bloggers ask for this.....
So here's the recipe for Granny's....

Cup-a Cobbler

Fruit - whatever you got on hand
1 stick of butter - melted
1 cup of flour - self raising
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of milk
dollop of vanilla
shake of cinnamon

and i use a 13x9 deep dish glass baking dish..



Use a little butter and grease the bottom of the dish...
layer your fruit on the bottom......
I've use apples, pears, blueberries, strawberries, peaches and a combo of peaches and pears....
Canned...frozen.....fresh....doesn't matter....
For this pear/peach combo...i sprinkled a hand full of brown sugar over the fruit...
this is optional....only did it this time, cause i thought the apples had very little flavor...

Mix all the "cup'a".... the vanilla and cinnamon....
Pour over fruit.....
Bake @ 375 for 45 - 60 minutes.....

This makes a cakey cobbler and it's great served warm with French Vanilla ice cream....

Quick.....simple....and nothing you have to rush out to the store and buy...!!!

Enjoy

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! This looks like it will be tonight's dessert. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe ~ will have a go at making that this coming weekend ~ Ally x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I think I have all those in the pantry/refrig right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just pasted that to our Recipe's Saved from Friends.
    Thanks, it sounds delicious and looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds delicious. I could make that using blueberries. I have plenty frozen.Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I might have to rush out to the store to buy things, unless it has peanut butter in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cheat...instead of cuppas, I use boxed cake mix and butter on top, sometimes some nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, sounds easy enough, and like ya say, we all probably have what we need in the kitchen. I really appreciate when bloggers post tasty and easy recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just had to let you know that I made that pie today out of apples. Everyone thought it was delicious. I did too LOL. Thanks for posting that recipe.

    ReplyDelete