Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Let the "Prep" Begin.....!!!


Well.....it's the Tuesday before Thanksgiving....
And it's not Throwdown with Bobby Flay....
But with the amount of "Prep" time this one dinner takes....
The TV crew should be here anytime now.....!!

Today's the day that.....

  • The bird gets taken out of Mom's freezer and begins the defrosting..
  • I have to make the final decision on mac & cheese....yes - no......crock-pot or oven style..
  • Should i go with mashed potatoes....we're already having sweet potatoes, turnips and dressing..
  • Gott'a make that last run to the food store and/or Wal*Mart..
  • Do i have time to clean the windows and the bathrooms..

Ok....here's what will really happen...
  • Bird will get yanked out the freezer and thrown on the front porch for defrosting....maybe i'll remember to bring it in tonight..
  • I'll flip a coin on the mac & cheese..
  • I'll do mashed spuds next year instead of turnips..
  • I'll run to Wally World ...cause i need more quilting thread..
  • Forget cleaning...it's only family..
Then i'll finish the second memory quilt..and be happy..

Enjoy

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful day prepping for the big day! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun day especially when you're going to get some quilting in there. Have a good one! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like it will be a great day for you. There is much prep work going on here at my house too. Even though DS#3 is making the turkey and stuffing this year I have to provide all that goes with it. I hope your Tuesday is a Terrific one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have to have mashed taters. We are having them on Sunday with our official Thanksgiving dinner and mac and cheese on Thursday for our non-Thanksgiving dinner. Still flipping hte coin on crock pot mac or baked mac. I guess when I decide if I cook the pork loin in the crrock or oven will determine the mac and cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, the bustle of the Thanksgiving prep. Hectic, but you wouldn't miss it for the world. Hope everything goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great plan to me. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our prep is a little easier. Open phone. Call local restaurant. Go eat :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that sounds like the perfect plan....enjoy...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the plan, but I like the probable action. hahahah!
    Great entry as usual, Have a great Thanksgiving Holiday!
    BTW, I love the piture of your house on the entry.
    Jack & Sherry down in the Piedmont at Belmont.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been looking for a good mac and cheese recipe, can you share yours?
    Hope you have a happy thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete