Wednesday, August 24, 2011

One More Off the List.....


One of the things on my "Bucket List" was to see and feel the earth move...

You know......that gentle rotation.....that movement that we know is happening and never think about......that movement that brings morning and night....that slow, steady, turning.....

OK

Very funny......Mother Nature....!!
I would have settled for a 1.2..... not a 5.9......!!
(Of course i wouldn't
have felt a 1.2 this far south...)

All is well here in the northwest corner of North Carolina....
Hope all of my blogger friends that felt the "Earth Move" yesterday are the same....

Well......anyway.....

Check movement of Earth off my list..........

Life is Good


9 comments:

  1. Years ago I actually felt the building I was in move from an earthquake, but I didn't feel this one at all. Hope your Wednesday is a wonderful one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband lived in Japan for awhile when his dad was in the Air Force. He remembers feeling the earth move. I think that's one thing I really don't need to experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scary isn't it? We actually felton here in Georgia many years ago! I didn't have a clue what to think when it happened. You just don't expect one here either. Glad you all are okay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here in High Point, I did not feel anything in my house on our hill....Some of our customers told me that they felt it a lot....I used to live in So. Cali and when the 7.1 hit at 6:59am in Feb. of 1971 in Simi Valley, I felt it a ton and the earth was groaning greatly....That was very scary for an upper Midwest girl....After that, I moved back to the upper Midwest.....In 2005 hubby and I went to San Diego and that was the first time I was back in Cali....Prayed that no quake would hit when we were there....Whew, it didn't!!!
    Sandy in High Point
    Picture heading the blog is breathtaking....Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I personlly could have waited for 'YOU' to feel that. I thought that special feeling was for those out of the 'OTHER' coast.
    I think it is telling all the politicians in DC to shaper up or ship out!
    Sherry & Jack down in the foot hills.

    ReplyDelete
  6. MOL
    Mom said it would be okey dokey fine with her if she went another 62 years w/o feeling the earth move.
    My humans sis lives in Morehead City...she said their building moved too!! Amazing how far it was felt.
    Hugs Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm very glad that your "Earth movement" was so uneventful. Isn't it weird that you never think of the East Coast as being earthquake prone?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess I'm a little on the chicken side. Not on my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep, I felt the earth move as well... but I didn't have it on my bucket list. Nope, not at all.. :-)

    ReplyDelete