Sunday, April 18, 2010

They're Back.......!!!

...At least i "think" they are....!
Several days ago i mentioned to CityBoy that it was time for the hummers to return....
and he promptly said, i was wrong ..... it was to early..
Well......Thrusday morning i recieved a call from CityBoy that went something like this.....
How do you make "hummer juice?"
Why?
How do you make "hummer juice?"
Well......you do a 3 to 1 ratio or a 4 to 1 ratio......
How do you make "hummer juice?"
OK....i use a 4 to 1 ratio......
How to you make "hummer juice?"
You boil 4 cups of water .....add one cup of sugar......stir until sugar is melted.....then add a little red food coloring..........Why?
They are sitting on the front porch.......they're waiting for me....!!.....Bye!
Seems there was two of the little guys buzzing the regular bird feeders......and the need for hummer juice was immediate.....
Haven't seen them since..........little buggers!!
Enjoy

12 comments:

  1. "Hummer juice," I love it. Did you see the PBS show on hummers? I don't know if it's on line or not, but, it's well worth seeing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love watching the humming birds, they are fascinating creatures. Glad they are back up there already. Here we don't have feeders, I guess we aughta get one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is still too early here for our hummers to appear, but I am ready. I have the feeders cleaned and 'the juice' all set to go. They are fascinating little creatures and I love to sit and watch all their activity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those Hummers. I keep watching my Honeysuckle for the tiny bodies. Then I start buying sugar in enough quanties to make ATF put me on a watch list.
    Thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hilarious! My little hummers are back too. I've been out watching them this morning. Love the picture

    ReplyDelete
  7. It will just be a few weeks still we see them here. Usually by the 8th of May they are back at our feeders. Now that I'll be at the campsite more I'll have to remember to make up some of that juice for them here too. They are a delight to watch for sure!

    Hope your Sunday is a wonderful one !

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't see any here yet but thought I heard one buzz by last week. I have read where food coloring is harmful to them so is sweeting with honey which you said you used sugar. I Have no idea if it is true.I suppose I could google it up. I saw one butterfly flitter by last week. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  9. We had a few hummers flitter by late last year - too late to buy a feeder. So this year first thing, we bought one and just put it up last week. Haven't seen any of the little guys yet but we're sure hoping too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was just thinking - they should be coming home soon...............guess it's time to take down the windchimes and put back the h'bird feeders!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought it was too early also but my husband has put up the feeder. Maybe we will see them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't seen any yet here. I really hope to soon
    kris

    ReplyDelete