Sunday, November 8, 2009

My stash.....


...it came to my attention that i've been posting about storing away fabric for the winter months....but.....bad me!!....i have not posted any pictures ....

So i dumped it all out on my sewing counter and tryed to create order and take a couple of photos.......thanks Miss Kitty for the help?!!

Look there is a jelly roll, a charm pack, some plaids, some prints, 2 packs of fat quarters.....which seem to be in a pastel and something with a wild orange, green and black print.....bright blue flowers....some sort'a fall print with lots of red, orange and yellow......and purple! when did i start to buy purple!!.......there is also 3.....count'm..... 3 kits and a pattern that i had been searching for ever since the trip to Atlanta....

What's with all the COLOR!!........i'm a "traditional" color-way quilter..........when i started to quilt.......100 years ago......you used "traditional" colors.....browns, greens, gold, sometimes a muted red or blue.......bright colors were "gaudy"...... maybe you could use a pastel for a baby quilt.....but, only a baby quilt!!

But......Wait!....what is this???....Have i come into the light and now use.....(gulp)....COLOR!!??


Wellllll...........there is this......


And this.........

Here's something to ponder........Are these wonderful bights....the new traditional??

Ohhhhh...after i took the pictures...i found 4 more pieces of fabric.....they are 2 greens, a tan and a reproduction print of tan and green.........

Maybe...there's still hope for me!!!

Enjoy

10 comments:

  1. I think it's an age thing. The older you get the brighter the colours you like, has been my experience. Nice bright colours lift the atmosphere, cheer you up on a dull day, that'a why God created them.
    Jenny <><

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning, I love the colors too...does that indicate my age?

    Oh, I was was searching for a glimpse of your assistant, Miss Kitty...was she camara shy?

    Happy Sunday ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Jenny. The older you get, the more colors you want. What a great stash. You're going to have a blast quilting away this winter. Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are never going to have a dull moment this winter. I can see it all now. Busy Busy with all that you have on store. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes you are storing away for the winter. You will have some pretty things to show on your blog and I'll be waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those brown and green plaids would make great table runners for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love them all!!! I can't wait to see what all you make!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great stash you have and 2 beautiful quilts...I love the bright Turning 20 quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seeing the finished product will be a joy to behold....have fun..God Bless..hugs..Ora

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely stash and even lovlier quilt tops
    Kris

    ReplyDelete