Wednesday, June 9, 2010

BFF's.......

...this is the male child's "yellow gobe" fish and if you look down by his tail you will see the red-n-white claws of the "pistol" shrimp....over the last few weeks they have become.....BFF's!
They are both burrowing critters and once they discovered each other the race was on......they seem to be working together to burrow out a hole that they both can fit into......
Strange little dudes...but....fun to watch!
Wonder how long it will take to dig a hole big enough for both of them.....?
Enjoy

9 comments:

  1. That must be fun to watch. We used to get a lot of hours of pleasure watching the fish. The tank is still around here somewhere. It developed a leak and was used for gerbils at one point. I guess it is one of those things I could get rid of. I'm not planning on have either in the future. I hope your Wednesday is a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They'd be more fun to watch than tv.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is interesting. I used to have an aquarium. One day it was snowing (which is unusual) and we noticed zillions of baby swordtails swimming around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nature never ceases to amaze me!--Inger

    ReplyDelete
  6. Strange companions! It must be so much fun to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to love watching my fish when we had a big aquarium. Are those fish salt water? I could watch fish all day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never had an aquarium, but I have always loved them. It must be fun to follow their antics daily.
    Love from the flatter lands.
    Sherry & Jack.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I guess watching the fish beats watching reruns on television. I never had a tank but would like one if I dont have to worry about the upkeep.

    ReplyDelete