Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Our Favorite...

.......These are some pictures from ...what we decided was our favorite quilt shop.....A Scarlet Thread in McDonough, GA.....www.ascarletthread.com....

I had to borrow these pictures from their website...cause in the fabric frenzy.....i forgot my camera was in my purse!!

What makes this shop soooo neaat........is their great selection of fabrics.....also the set-up is unique...... it is housed in an old Doctor's office and each "exam" room has a different theme of fabric or is a work room.......there's the longarm room, the cutting room, the Moda room, the Sale room, the novelty fabric room...etc..... the combos are unlimited!!

Plus....it's a 15 minute drive from the female child's house!!! (visited twice) .....They have an open kitchen (very important when your in a frenzy)...just throw a dollar in the jar..... coke with cookies are yours to nibble on as you check out the notions room and the patterns/books that line the hallways and don't let me forget the machines!!....Embroidery,straight sewing and longarm....your choice!!

We, three women on a mission....... voted this black and white lap quilt our favorite of the Shop Hop......we kept coming back to look at this little beauty......but, at the end of the three days ...none of us had bought the pattern or kit.......Go figure!!!






6 comments:

  1. that quilt is hung up in such a pretty setting. You would have to have the right decor for it wouldn't you. Quilting is very popular. Always has been and is still going strong from the looks of things. I have such good memories of my grandma's quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those quilts. Don't you just love black and white quilts. There is just something about them. I really like the first one too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the first and the third. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think they are all pretty but I dont think I would like black and white. I think you might have a problem matching it with anything unless you had a lot of black and white accessories. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH you were in McDonough? That is right south of where my parents live, in Stockbridge! Looks like you were a kid in a candy store there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love them all! They are so beautiful! I'm looking forward to what you will have coming up.

    ReplyDelete