Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Anyone have 1/2 Cup of Mustard Seeds??

Don't know why these pictures downloaded in the wrong order......any way....this is the finished product......4 quarts of Bread and Butter Pickles
Here they are cooking............................

Here they are soaking.....................................

Here's City Boy helping cut..........................
He did it to me again........!!!! Came home with a ..."DEAL"........44 mini cucumbers.......what'a do with 44 mini-cukes................can't eat that many before they go bad!!!!
Dragged out the "old, worn, torn" Betty Crocker cookbook.........pickles.......lets see........sugar...check, vinegar....check, salt.......check, celery seed......check, curry powder....check, 1/2 cup of mustard seed..... are you kidding!!??......trip to the store.......check!!!!
Trip to the store would not have been a bad thing....except it was SNOWING!!!
Snow quit just long enough to dash to the store and sign up for exercise classes at the Center for the Ageing......does this make me old!!??.......Hey....it's free...... that's a deal!!!
Now the next big question........do we keep them or give them away as gifts??!!



9 comments:

  1. Hallo!
    What are you doing?
    Squashes in oil?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of those pickes. Well, if you like them, keep them. If not, give them away lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds very tasty but you do have a lot ribbon at the ready for stocking stuffers. Try loading you pictures last first and all will be well. Love Joan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum. I wish I was coming over for a snack !
    It snowed for a mili-second in Atlanta yesterday. Or so I've been told. I didn't get to see it myself.
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum Yum. Your braver than I am - I usally have everything but one item and I can the whole idea. One day I should just make a list and shop! Hope your enjoying your Today!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  6. yummy bread and butter pickles..my fav!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. they look yummy!! what a neat project to do together!!

    I'd say keep one; give the others as gifts; bet they will be greatly appreciated!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Life is a bitch-- and then you die... lol.
    Nice blog.

    Tom S

    Old Soldier Tom's Journal.
    http://heli-gunnertom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete