Friday, September 11, 2009

No Swines Here and Tears for a Friend.....

Well.......turned out i was having an asthma attach brought on by my allergies and the unexpected change in the weather Wednesday night.......
Thanks to everyone that sent me "get well wishes".....it's nice to know others were thinking about me!!
Went back to bed and slept until 11:00.....them threw some vegetable-beef soup into the crock pot and settled on the couch for the rest of the afternoon ...
Not a lot accomplished yesterday....but...i'm breathing much better today and ventured out to work......
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'll never forget where i was on 9/11.......at work in the school district main headquarters.....the day had just gotten underway, when word came of the first plane crash...we hurried to a co-worker's work space..to turn on her 6" TV she used for watching the "soaps" on her lunch hour .... 25-30 of us crowded around speculating on what we had just seen on the "Today" show...
When Dorothy, a girl from Purchasing said...."I'll call my son...he works in the second tower....he'll know what's happening"...and off she went......as we continued to watch, we could hear her talking in the background........then the second plane appeared on the tiny screen and almost immediately we heard Dorothy yelling her sons name.........the second plane hit on the floor below him........you know the rest......
Pray for the families.....

12 comments:

  1. When you miss a day or two in the blogworld, it's hard to catch up!!
    Hope you ARE feeling much better! I said a prayer for you! Thank Goodness for No Swine!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that it wasn't the swine flu. Hope all this will be gone in a couple of days. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you are better. Those allergies sure can play havoc with our health. Such a tragedy that your friend's son worked right there in the tower. It was an unbelievable day and one I'll never forget. I was so grateful to talk to each one of my children and find out they were ok. Some of them travel alot and thankfully not on that day. I'm waiting for my car to be serviced so I'm home til it's done and then will head off to our campsite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe none of us will forget this day and we still are praying for those families who lost loved ones.

    Happy you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reading that sent chills across my body. Oh how I feel for her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are feeling better.

    That hit close to home to have a fellow worker whose son was in the second tower and to be talking to him when it happened. So sad for her.

    We shall never forget that horrible day in our nations history.

    Prayers go out today to all of the families of people who died that day. God Bless America.

    Our prayer is for peace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. God bless all the fallen and their families of 9/11

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so sad. I was also working for a school. Being on the west coast, it was early in the morning when the planes hit. We did not know what was happing. I went to work. Every time an air plane went over head the students would tremble thinking the plane was going to hit our school next. (At that time I worked close to an airport and an air base.)
    One of my friends at church lost his sister in one of the towers, Her wedding date was september 12.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your header photo is lovely, reminds me of southwest VA and northern NC.
    First time visitor, think I'm here via Carol at the writers porch and enjoying my visit. Your blog title caught my eye...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, what an awful thing for that mother.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bless your heart....I hope you are definitely feeling much better by now.

    OMGoodness, I can't imagine the grief that mother went through on that day let alone what she continues to go through! I remember exactly where I was & what I was doing also. It's imprinted forever in my memory! I hope we never have to face another tragedy like that.

    ReplyDelete