Monday, November 24, 2008

This is my question!?

I had planned a cute little blog about Christmas shopping in the high country for today, complete with pictures and funny quotes.......taking you to our local Farmer's Market for crafts day.....

Got up early.....temp was 18......dressed in mannnnnny layers...started out to pick up Mom and good friend, Chris....... we arrived at the market just in time to see the vendors packing up...cause being outside.....it was TOO COLD!!!........well, started to take some pictures...got one and then the batteries in my camera died!! We'll try it again next weekend........

Moving on ......we ran across the street to the local pet store "Happy Tails" and made appointments for all the critters.......Santa Paws is coming and you HAVE to get a picture taken!! Then we checked out the "Emporiam," a back street "Christmas Shop" and then the high light of the day.....LUNCH OUT!!!!

During lunch we compared notes and realized each one of us had to go to the food store sometime that weekend....why not go together?!! To our surprise as we looked at our lists....each list had T-paper, written by our husbands....................here's the question...."What is it with men and T-paper?!

At my house when the last roll can be seen.... it starts........we need t-paper........when are you going to the store? we need t-paper....... you know we are almost out of t-paper and on and on and on.......well this time on Thursday...trying to plan ahead...i checked the bathrooms....2 extra rolls in masterbath.......2 extra rolls in the guestbath....yelled down the stairs to the male child....."How many rolls have you got?".....Male child yelling up the stairs to me....."Three...we're probably gonn'a need some"...(he's his father's child).......OK....I think we can last until Saturday or Sunday...unless some horrible stomach ailment hits the house......THEN.....WAIT....on the list...a written reminder!!.....T-paper.........

Three women....three list.....three husbands with the need of t-paper......between us we have almost 100 years of married life and none of us could answer......."What is it with men and t-paper?"......

Soooo, being the good little homemakers that we are....we went to the store and each bought the 24 pack!!!


Maybe it'll last till next weekend......................................brboomer

7 comments:

  1. Must be an international thing because we are forever running out of T-paper as well. Too cold for a market, now, that IS cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. there is just the two of us and we are the same wht amount of t-paper we get through is amazing. Sorry your day oout was spoiled Love Joan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I must be as bad as your Hubbies ~ I always keep a stock so we don't run out :o) ~ It must have been really cold for the Market traders to pack up ~ Ally x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry. Beer is the only thing Bob seems to notice running low on. I must spoil him with the bale of tp I buy at Costco. In fact got one this a.m. With a house full of folks this week, I'll be running out of a lot of things!
    Happy Thanksgiving. After Sunday, I'll start to think about Christmas; music, baking, gifts, parties. What a wonderful season.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL We have the very same problem! I hope next time the vendors won't be packing up....looking forward to the pictures if you can get some....

    ReplyDelete
  6. actually I think I would like that problem, LOL; I share a bathroom with my son since it has a shower in it that is more convenient for me to use in the mornings and I'm forever having to remind him to refill the toilet paper holder (how hard can it be when the spares are on a little rack right next to it??)

    I know when we lived in Montana, the first week of October was when the farmer's market and outside shopping vendors stopped; too cold and unpredictable of weather after that

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  7. seems everytime my husband goes shopping he comes home with at least one jumbo pack of t paper.lol He keeps it in the basement that goodness
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete